Internet Speed requirements for Hulu
Internet speed for video streaming services require you to have a good internet connection. With video streaming services growing larger every year Hulu (like Netflix) is currently one of the largest providing video streaming services in the US.
What is Hulu?
Hulu is a website and subscription service offering on-demand video streaming of a diversity of TV shows, webisodes, movies and other new media, trailers, clips, and behind-the-scenes footage from ABC, NBC, Fox, TBS, and other studios and networks. Hulu Plus is a monthly subscription service which, like the free version of Hulu, also contains commercials. Hulu Plus offers subscribers an expanded library in the form of full seasons and more episodes of shows already available through Hulu. Hulu even has streamed its own in-house web series “The Morning After”, which is a light-hearted pop-culture news show.
Requirements for Hulu
For watching Hulu the following internet speed is required:
- A broadband internet connection
- Downstream bandwidth of at least 1.5 Mbps for a smooth playback experience
The following software is required as a minimum:
- Adobe Flash Player 10.1 (.53.64) or above
- Internet Explorer 8.0 or above, Firefox 2.0 or above, Safari 3.0 or above, or Chrome
- Microsoft Windows XP SP2 or above, Macintosh OS X 10.4 or above, or Linux
Hulu Plus is also available on a wide range of hardware platforms, including:
- Apple TV (Buy Apple TV (2nd Generation))
- Blu-ray players, network-enabled
- TiVo DVR boxes, like Premiere, Premiere XL, and Premiere Elite models (Buy TiVo Premiere HD Digital Video Recorder)
- Televisions, network-enabled Smart TVs
- Game Consoles, like Wii, Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360 (Buy PlayStation 4)
- Roku Streaming Player
- WD TV Media Player
Televisions for Hulu Plus
Experience Hulu Plus with one of these great televisions: